For standard AC stations, watch our charging tutorial here
. Or see these step-by-step instructions.
Is the charging cable already attached to the charging station? If so, it’s a CCS fast charging station and you should go to How do I use a fast charging station?
1. Card: In the ID. 3 take the card from the center console, in the ID.4 from the card slot on the left beneath the front window.
2. Cable: Take the charging cable out of the boot.
3. Large plug: Connect the larger plug to the car.
4. Card: Hold the card against the charging station.
5. Small plug: Connect the smaller plug to the AC socket in the charging station. The cable will be locked in place and the charging session starts. When you see green LEDs next to the car's charging socket it's working.
6. Card: In the ID. 3 put the card back into the card-slot in the center console, in the ID.4 into the card slot on the left beneath the front window.
7. Timer: Don’t forget to set the time on the parking timer card or you may get a parking ticket! If you can't find it, a note with date and time will do.